Masquerade Rules and General Information
- No unsheathed, edged weapons on stage. All edged weapons must be peace bonded. There will be a weapons master to check them if there are any questions.
- No food product-based costumes or messy substances allowed on stage or in the back stage area. This includes wet, dry, or oily substances. These can pose both a safety hazard and could create problems with other people’s costumes.
- No fire allowed on stage. If you need to use a smoky type substance, clear it with the director in advance. This refers to open flames, fire, flash powder or any type of smoke or fog.
- No projectiles of any sort. If you need to throw something during your presentation, clear it with the director.
- Hall costumes may not be shown in competition.
- No live microphones will be provided for contestants’ uses. Please have all songs, talk, etc prerecorded and ready to go.
- Each contestant may only appear once on stage during the Masquerade. However a contestant may enter more than one costume so long as it appears on another body.
- Purchased or rented costumes may not be shown in competition.
- No costume is still no costume. This masquerade is rated PG-13.
- No flash photography while contestants are on stage. A separate area will be provided for general photography. This rule is primarily intended for the audience.
- If you have any questions, ask the director; surprise the audience, NOT the director or staff.
General Masquerade Information
The categories will be:
1: Children 13 and under
Only one costume may be worn by each person but there is no limit to the number of costumes you can
make and have others wear.
1. For one to two entrants, 30 secs to 1 min
2. For groups of three or more people, 1 to 2 mins.
A printable version of this information can be found here.